Customized Elder Law And Estate Planning Services
Many people dread thinking about end-of-life decisions. Some are reluctant to establish what they are passing on to their loved ones in writing. Other people are worried about health problems that could require complicated and highly personal health care decisions. Regardless of the fears, an experienced lawyer can help you create legal solutions to address those concerns.
At Cole & Valkenburgh, P.C., we have over 100 years of experience helping clients throughout the Finger Lakes region and the Southern Tier of New York.
The Estate Planning Package That Best Meets Your Needs
Our attorneys create estate planning packages, including:
- Wills and trusts: Wills and trusts dictate how you would like your assets handled and what portion of the estate beneficiaries should receive.
- Health care proxies: If you are unable to communicate or make informed decisions, a health care proxy designates another person to speak on your behalf.
- Living wills: Living wills communicate what life-saving and health care measures you would like to be taken at the end of your life.
- Powers of attorney: If you should become unable to make your preferences known, another person can be designated to make decisions for you. This can include financial decisions and health care decisions.
- Medicaid planning: We work with clients to help them receive the benefits they need when the time comes. Sometimes, this includes transferring assets or finances to another person to protect your legacy.
Don’t Put Your Estate Planning Needs Off
Many people begin thinking about estate planning when they are older, but it is important for almost everyone to have a thorough estate plan in place. We work with parents to protect their families in the future. Learn more by scheduling your initial consultation online or by calling 607-583-3559.